Adventure Awaits you in San Diego! Abound for Every Interest and Age
Looking for excitement? Rather go on a relaxing tour? Whether you want educational or
exciting, you'll find lots of things to do in San Diego. Activities are available for all age groups and interest levels and many are free! Plus, your
Mission Beach rental is right in the midst of all the fun. Search
for rental properties now.
Things to do in San Diego on your Vacation
- Walking Distance
- The Ocean! - One of the most popular San Diego
activities is visiting the ocean. Let the warm, ocean breeze gently wash
the stress from your body as you soak up some sun. Splash in the cool waves with the kids or take a leisurely stroll
down the beach. Feel daring? Boogie boarding and surfing are also loads of fun! There is fishing, boating,
parasailing, photography, whale watching (in the winter) and so much
more. Plenty of rentals in Mission Beach are oceanfront or bay front so you only need to walk out your door and into the fun!
- The boardwalk - You won't want to miss this exceptional amusement park in San Diego! Activities
abound for kids of all ages. Take the plunge in a number of ways! Swoosh down the famous Giant Dipper roller coaster, thrill at the bungie
trampolines and the human gyroscope or get wet. Belmont Park offers an Olympic size swimming pool, a wave rider and so much more. And
it's just a 15-minute walk down the boardwalk from your rental!
- The bay side - Walk just 5 minutes, across Mission Blvd. to beautiful Mission Bay. You can
walk for miles on the sidewalks which hug the bay. Water sports include sailing, swimming, paddle boating, kayaking, jet skiing, motor boating,
fishing, and more.
- Belmont Park - The historic amusement park has the famous Giant Dipper roller coaster,
bungie trampolines, the human gyroscope, Virtual Reality, and other rides and games. The Plunge is also in the park. It is a public indoor
Olympic size swimming pool. It is located at Mission Blvd. and West Mission Bay Drive on the board walk, about a 15 minute walk south of the
- Mission Bay Park - Across Mission Blvd. from Belmont Park there are picnic tables, playgrounds,
barbecues, rest rooms, volleyball courts, soft grass, benches, and some cozy spots under palm trees. The park stretches for miles along the
bay's calm waters.
- Summer Daily Fireworks - take place at 9:50 p.m. every night at Sea World. You can look out the back
porch toward the bay, or walk or drive closer for a better view. Sea World is open in both the day and evenings during the summer.
- Bahia Belle Paddle Wheel Boat - will take you on a cruise on the bay. It stops nearby at the Catamaran Hotel,
just north on 3999 Mission Blvd. There is a bar and dance floor on the boat.
- Crystal Pier - walk north on the board walk from the beach house for about 10 minutes to
this historic structure. You get a great view of the surfers from above. And stop at the wonderful little coffee stand before you get to the end
- a beautiful viewing spot perched way out in the ocean.
- Special Events - check the papers for concerts, sporting events, contests, promotions,
and much more.
- And Much More - clothes and jewelry boutiques, pubs, restaurants for all budgets and tastes, ice
cream shops, tourist shops, surf shops, rental shops for roller blades and everything else, coffee shops, markets, and many other conveniences.
- Places to Eat - Some local bars and restaurants.